Monday, April 7, 2008

Patience ... i'm blogging

Blogging? Sadly, this is a foreign area to me. I suppose it's a bit like the Internet or email was to my parents. Oh god - I've become one of those .... a PARENT. They survived modern technology, so shall I.

Alas, my journey of blogging begins - (please bare with me - and remember I'm trying). Liz - don't fret, we will give you our passwords for editting :)

I promised Margaret (& my friend Diania D.) that I would be like the other cool moms and write about Margaret & all the amazing things my kid is accomplishing!

I suppose it's appropriate to introduce the subject - FITTINGLY named Margaret. I say "fittingly" as names were a much deliberated & heated topic of conversation for what seemed like eternity. For anyone that knows me, you can imagine how many names I feel in & out of love with (Stella, Scarlett, Miles, Bean, Duffey, Pocahanus ...) Thankfully Patrick held true to his 1st and only choice, Margaret. I can't imagine any other name for her. She is a Margaret!

Here are some more lovely names our families offered up - note: Rea is pronounced Ray - which is important for the following: Paula (1 guess - Grandpa Duffey aka Paul or Pops), Pearl (again Grandpa Pops - as we found out sex of baby on Pearl Harbor Day), Sugar Rea (Uncle Tyler), Sting Rea (Jack & Ryan my twin nephews) who I will quote "we are sick of girl cousins, can't we get a boy so we have someone to play with". Oh just you wait till Maggie is vertical, you will really wish you had a boy cousin!

No comments: